Monday 3 December 2012

Top Stitching





I opened one the vest i had mede in AdobeIllustrator. I started off by duplicating the layer, so i opened the layers palette and i clicked on the options menu in the corner and selected duplicate layer. I double clicked on "Layer 1 copy" and chaned the name to "Details" layer and changed the stroke colour to green. I locked the other layer i did not want to change anything on that layer.
On the "details" layer, using the pen tool, i clicked onece above the outer hem line at the left hand side. I pressed hold of the shift key and clicked the same distance above the outer hem line on the right hand side. I selected the line i created by using the black selection arrow. i gave this line a black stroke and no fill colour. i opened the stroke palette "Window "Stroke". I made the "Dash line" visible by ticking the box next to it. I typed 2 pt in the dash and gap, and changed the cap style to Round Cap to give a more stitched look.
To put stitch details on the arm hole and the neck line, i used the scissor tool to cut the line at the top and the bottom of the arm holes and each side of the neck line. I selecte the neck line moved it down to where i wanted it using the arrows on the key board.  the lines were smaller so i used the Direct Selection tool to alter the line. I typed 2 pt in the Dash and gap and gave a round cap. I did the same to the arm holes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home